Wednesday, December 21, 2011

christmas!

I've always been a fan of Christmas.  I love hot apple cider, sweaters, decorations, Christmas trees, carols, and traditions.  As I've gotten older, I learned that I love to find perfect gifts for my family.  But this year, THIS YEAR, is even more special.

I get to start teaching my daughter about Christmas.

Yes, this is her third Christmas.  But this is the first Christmas that she understands that something is happening. She recognizes Santa and knows that he brings presents.  She's mesmerized by Christmas lights.  Anytime we leave the house, she says bye-bye to our Christmas tree (and with her toddler speech, it comes out as "BYE, CRIMUSS TWEE!"  It is one of the most adorable things I've ever heard).

She might be a little too young to put out cookies for Santa, or carrots for reindeer.  No Elf on the Shelf here in 2011.  And we're going to skip church this year (you're welcome, fellow parishioners).  But she's starting to understand the magic of the season.

Which has renewed the magic for me immeasurably.


No comments:

Post a Comment