Thursday, January 19, 2012

snowbound!

Winter in Washington state is generally cold, wet, and gray.  Not to be confused with spring, which is windy, wet, and gray.  In case you've been living under rock, we are at the tail end of a pretty nasty storm.  Lots of snow, ice, power outages, traffic accidents, etc.

School's been closed early or cancelled every day this week.  Good by me, Alaina is sick with her umpteenth snotty nose, so I'd have to find alternate childcare anyway.  But let me tell you, we are on each other's nerves something fierce.

Short of two walking trips to the grocery store, we've been inside since Monday.  We've watched movies, colored, played with yarn, cooked, and enjoyed general silliness.  But you're talking about a couple girls who love to be out and about...we have our homebody moments, but those are made sweeter when they come at the end of a day full of adventure.

According to weather reports, relief from this nastiness is coming.  I can only hope it's soon.  At the moment, my daughter is asleep on the floor, pizza dough is rising, I've got several half-complete crochet projects I'm toying with, and the snow has stopped falling.  It would be idyllic, if I weren't so freakin' stir crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment