Monday, February 6, 2012

another rant. sorry. but with a happy ending!

I am a full-time student.  I am a full-time mama.  I work on the days I don't go to school.  And I love my life.

But you know what I don't love?

Being made to feel guilty that I've got my priorities straight.

Having friends that consistently try to demand time from me is ridiculous.  After my daughter is asleep, it's time to do homework.  Weekends are for working.  What little time I do get to myself, I prefer not to schedule things so that I can do something spontaneous and whimsical.  Or do nothing at all.  Or (and here's a really crazy thought) get caught up on housework.

I am so unbelievably regretful that you have a problem with my goals, my plans, and my schedule.  I'm not sorry it's mine...I like how I'm living.  Mostly I'm regretful that I currently have people in my life that are so short-sighted.

The flip side of that coin: I have the most supportive and wonderful immediate family.  I have extended family all over the country that's cheering me on every step of my journey.  I have friends who are keeping me laughing and keeping me sane every day.  I have wonderful professors who are not only giving me their knowledge, but are helping me to be a better student.  And my saving grace, my greatest blessing, my daughter.  No matter how tired or defeated I am feeling, I have a 3 foot strawberry blonde dynamo to remind me why I'm doing this.  Her humor is a delight and her curiosity towards the world is a wonder.  I'm so blessed to watch her grow.

Someday, I hope she's as proud of me as I am of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment