Monday, November 14, 2011

sno-isle co-op.

I am smitten.  I discovered my local co-op a few weeks ago, and I'm literally creating excuses to go.  I love that all the produce is organic AND local.  I love the old building.  I love the classes that are offered, even though I have yet to attend one.  I love that the staff is almost as excited as I am about what I am taking home.

I picked up celeriac (celery root), purple potatoes, salad mix, Fuyu persimmons, Chioggia beets, a sugar pie pumpkin, and some other assorted grocery items.  The co-op is also a great spot to find ethnic foods that the local grocery store might not have.  While I love PCC, Whole Foods, Central Market, etc, I still feel like I'm in a store.  At Sno-Isle Co-Op, I sort of feel like I'm poking through a friend's kitchen.

Their bulk section is awesome, they have the whole gamut of personal and home care products, and all sorts of neat handmade goodies, too.  You can check them out here:  http://www.snoislefoods.coop/

No comments:

Post a Comment