Tuesday, April 5, 2011

adventures in financial aid

I'm going back to school.  My plan is to earn an associate's degree in nutrition, and parlay that into a bachelors.  Ultimate goal?  Become a registered dietitian.  I'd love to go to culinary school, and play with food all day long.  But that is an extraordinarily difficult path as a single mom, and even more difficult in the current state of the economy and job force.

Because of the time period in which I started the application process, I've had to fill out the FAFSA twice.  The application for federal financial aid itself isn't that difficult.  It's the little addendum paperwork required by the school that adds up....especially since I'm having to submit it a second time.  However, the staff in the financial aid office of Everett Community College has been exceedingly helpful and polite, and the admissions staff as well.

It's such an awesome feeling to have a long-term goal in place, and to be starting the process.  Slow and steady wins the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment