Saturday, April 23, 2011

sur la table dutch oven

I got an enameled cast iron dutch oven for Christmas.  It's from Sur La Table, and it's a beautiful burgundy color.  Always knew I wanted one, but didn't realize how much I would really use it.  Artisan breads, stews, and roasts all turn out perfectly.  It's easy to clean, and it's pretty.  On average, I'm tossing that bad boy in the oven every 3 days or so....okay, not tossing, 'cause it is HEAVY, but you get the idea.  


It might be an investment (even on the low price point end, they'll still set you back about $100), but if taken care of properly, they'll last forever.  I highly recommend the Sur La Table brand (Le Crueset comes in pretty colors, I covet everything they make in orange, but I hear the quality is comparable to the one I own).  Can't wait to add the smaller ones to my collection!

1 comment:

  1. Your step-dad and I are really glad you like the DU so well. We like ours really well, too! And another thing, not that I haven't noticed before, you really know how to turn the written phrase. Such a natural writer, you are! Looking forward to following the blog.

    ReplyDelete